but I got tagged by the wonderful Heather over at Jeweled Elegance, the inspiring Cheryl over at Art in Everyday and ever insightful Beverly at Embrace your Gifts. If you haven't had a chance to visit these three gal's blogs, now's your chance. All of these women are creative, inspiring souls who make blogland a better place!
So, here's the part where I hope I don't get a blog "ticket"....because I'm going to repost my 7 weirdest things list that I did last May....Why reinvent the wheel I always say! For those of you who have read this already, I did add a couple new ones in there. And, for those of you who haven't read it, here it is:
Now, I'm sure your saying to yourself "well, we kinda already know 236 weird things about you, Karin. We read your blog. Could there possibly be any more" Sadly, yes, my friends, yes.....There is so much more. I'm really not sure I can contain it to just 7..........
1. I believe that chocolate is a legitimate Food Group and I am currently trying to get on the Board of The Department of Agriculture in order to classify it as the 7th category on the food pyramid.
2. I love my DVR so much I would marry it if i could legally do so. I wrote this post awhile back to show my love and dedication to it. However, since I am unable to tie the knot with an inanimate object, I will just continue my lurid affair.
3. In that same vein, I watch Real Housewives of Orange County. I consider it my meth of TV watching. In that I know that it actually kills important brain cells the minute I start viewing it, and upon subsequent viewing, renders me in a partial coma. But, yet, I still secretly watch it when my husband's not around. Yes. I know. This falls under the category of 7 reasons I need to get a life.
4. I harbor evil thoughts of people who are perfectly healthy and able (i.e. 20 year old guy who wears backward baseball cap and shirt that reads "I dated your mom" who bounds out of 325i series bmw towards Target.) that they will trip over an abandoned (or pushed.....) shopping cart and break their leg on the way to the entrance. I'm not asking for compound fracture or anything requiring surgery. Just a simple break requiring the use of crutches for the next 6 weeks. Yes. I know. This actually falls under 7 evil things about me.
5.I have a degree in Journalism. Other than my stint at a small newspaper in college, blogging has been the closest I've come to using it. Oh, that, and I can edit other people's writing really well.
6. I will throw a bag of chocolate chips in my shopping cart muttering something to the effect that they are for the cookies that I am planning to bake this weekend knowing full well that those chips will never see the light of cookie dough and will be eaten by the handful by me over the next two weeks.
7. I worked for a number of years with the homeless as a Director of a men's shelter & job program before starting my design business.
8. I have a fantasy that QVC will call me one afternoon and offer me my dream job as an on air host. My dream is to get paid for talking incessantly about 47 different reasons why you need the Northern Lights bedding set. Or, if QVC doesn't come through, I would love to be a Soap Opera character. I want to be the object of two men's undying love for me while trying to figure out how to escape from the desert island I was stranded on after my plane crashed while en route to to Paris to meet my secret lover. All the while having perfectly coiffed hair, impeccable outfits, flawless makeup and perfectly manicured nails.
9. My husband and I used to ride a tandem mountain bike every weekend. So much fun! You should have seen us flying down hills...... And, we once dressed up as reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh for a Christmas Fun Ride.
10. I absolutely believe the cereal is an acceptable dinner choice.
11. My love for Judge Judy borders on obsession. I am fascinated by the cases and the fact that there are so many people out there that a) do not have checking accounts and pay everything by cash; therefore, never able to produce any evidence of payment. b) how many people who have friends that can not get a cell phone in their name whereby the said "people" put the said "friends" on their cellphone plan resulting in nothing but trouble every time. and c) The disproportionate number of females who loan money to men resulting in the men saying it was a "gift." Plus, I love when JJ calls someone a "wisenheimer."
12. My best friend Gail and I really want to try out for the show "Amazing Race" as the "Funny Moms Who are Best Friends and Still Think They're Kinda Hot....Even Though Their Not" category of contestants. However, we haven't the slightest idea what we would do with our chidren if we got on the show since our husbands would still have to go to work until we won the million dollars. I wonder if they would front us the money first.......
13. The only ice cream I will eat is Hagen daas.
14. I feel absolutely no guilt whatsoever when my kids eat a Happy Meal. None.
I could go on and on....but I will stop for now.....